COVID cancelled the official Surf for CF event. But CF Team “That’s What She Said” is partnering with Surf with a Purpose and hosting the “Alt Surf for CF Contest”. Come have some fun surfing and help us raise money to FIGHT Cystic Fibrosis.
Game On! Get Started:
- Register your team. There are 2 options:
- Create and Register A Team on the Surf for CF website or
- Join the “That’s What She Said” team as a ‘Virtual Surfer’, show up and surf as a self-identified team of four or get matched with a team.
- Fundraise. Let friends, family, everyone know COVID cancelled the official “Surf for CF” event, but you’re still going to charge it at the “Alt Surf for CF Contest”
- Arrive at the event by 8:00 AM to check-in and have a blast supporting a great foundation
- There is a maximum of 4 surfers per team
- We request all surfers arrive by 8:00 AM so that we can put teams and heats together
- The contest will be judged on a point system
- Team with the highest points win bragging rights
- PLEASE REMEMBER: This is a foamies competition. Surfers bring your own foamies
- This is an “ALT” event, in the thrasher alt spirit we’re asking surf teams to get creative and wear your own t-shirts to compete. Teams are requested to wear same color t-shirts.
When and Where:
Date: September 11th, 2021
Time: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Location: 15th Street, Del Mar CA
Raffle! Raffle! Raffle!
We’re honored and stoked that legendary San Diego shaper Bill Minard has offered up a hand shaped surfboard for the “Alt Surf for CF Contest” raffle winner. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event for $20 a ticket. Don’t miss your chance to win a surfboard hand shaped by master shaper Bill Minard.
- James Spalenka DDS for sponsoring the original “Surf for CF” event and his support for “The Alt Surf for CF Contest”
- Bill Minard for his mastery in shaping, and the generous raffle prize
- Rusty Del Mar for their presence and support in the Del Mar community and this event
- Bulldog for sunscreen along with continued support of our U.S. Marines in San Diego, providing products that keep them and the barracks clean and smelling fresh.